View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 12:54 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Not crazy at all when you think of it. He had 58 votes in total. Actually had one 1st place vote (no I don't agree with that, but still). Had more 2nd place votes than Pekka Rinne who finished 4th. Had a few 3rd and 4th place votes too. Enough people figured he was a difference maker last year. Finished higher than Stamkos. Finished higher than Henrik Sedin. And you know as well as I do that goalies never get the benefit of the doubt with the Hart, so 9th is not bad at all. It isn't as if he finished 20th with a 5th place vote and I am making a case for it.

58 voting points, not 58 votes. Sorry, but it is a terrible argument to hang your hat on when just over 10% of voters put him on their ballots. If stamkos was on 12 ballots, do you really think that means people saw fleury as a bigger difference maker? The VAST MAJORITY of the voters named NEITHER player; therefore, we don't really know what the vast majority thought. We know that 15 likely preferred fleury and 12 likely preferred stamkos. The other 100? No clue.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote