Thread: Diaz and Weber
View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I like Diaz and think Weber can be ok as an NHL defenseman too. But you just can't have a defense that has all of Diaz, Weber, Kaberle, and Campoli on it at the same time. Too much of too little of certain elements there.

Unfortunately, it kind of looks like we'll have 3 of them back next year again, where I would have liked to see just 2. Diaz in my starting 6, and Weber as the #7 guy who fills in when one of the more offensive-minded types is out.

I find Diaz is quick and agile and while he gets overpowered in any physical battle, he'll learn the tricks of the trade enough to compensate. It is difficult for him to play without somebody to shelter him; Emelin will eventually be a good partner perhaps, but for now also makes too many mistakes to be a perfect fit, so we just have to make do in the meantime. Weber can play with a bit more jam at times, but also seems to lose focus, which worries me. He isn't as quick either, so it is going to be harder for him to compensate for his shortcomings.

They're doing fine overall. I never *expected* Diaz to be an NHL regular this season, but he has been, and deservedly so, so he's ahead of the curve afaic.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote