View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
ORYX

vCash: 500
The way I interpret it is, at the time of the call-up it was deemed the team had 11 playable forwards. Jagr became a game-time decision, allowing for the emergency recall status applied to Harry. Jagr played so Harry goes back as he is not needed as an emergency anymore. Had Jagr missed the game, it could not have been as a Healthy Scratch, or else Harry Z would count as the 3rd of 4 recalls.

If Jagr missed the game as an injury scratch had Harry he played he would have counted as emergency as there were only 11 available forwards.

Because Jagr was a 'Game time' decision, the NHL must allow you to call up a player on the premise that as a game time decision, you may not have a full 12, and in the case you dont, you may use this player. If you do have a deemed healthy 12 and you use him, it counts against the 4 allowed post deadline.

Sounds like this is the case, and to me it makes sense because not all injuries are as black and white as a yes I can or a No I cant, but must be tested leading up to the game, in which case Logistics of travel etc do not allow for a 12th player to simply show up from down the street at a moments notice, but must travel to be there, so they allow the call-up sooner rather then later allowing the player to arrive, then the decision is made whether Jagr is healthy enough to play or not before the game.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote