Old
03-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
We've seen this all before, the interim comes in and the team finishes strong for him. Hasn't really work well, before, but I suppose it could be different, this time. On the other hand, how are you going to sell a shiny, new CBJ, sans Nash, next year without a shiny new face behind the bench? Aside from my opinion about his coaching qualifications, retaining Todd Richards is going to do nothing to drum up interest in potential ticket buyers. A known face, ala Hitch, might do it, or a top young guy (I forget the name of the Leafs top coaching prospect, but plug it in here) with some league-wide juice could help. But more of what's been here contributing to the worst team in the league for the entire season? Ummm, not so much.
Dallas Eakins, head coach of the Toronto Marlies..

I'm hesitant about retaining Richards, not based on his resume or even what he's done as interim head coach here but because of past CBJ history promoting from within.. Id like to see the Jackets go through another head coach interview process and start over fresh next season.