View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
JPIsles21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sweetener View Post
I'd like to see the next coach be brett thompson. i think cappy spent too long in the AHL developing kids and letting them learn from their mistakes to hold players accountable. it's just not his style, he nurtures them. been a soundtigers season ticket holder for 6 years and what im really liking about thompson is that he has been constantly reminding the team they havent won anything yet. hes keeping his foot on the gas pedal. that was never cappy's style.
With that in mind, I'd like to keep Thompson in the AHL at least another year. He too hasn't won anything yet. While, I don't think Brian Burke is as good a GM as some people give him credit for, but I do agree with his philosophy about coaching. At the Randy Carlyle press conference he talked about preferring coaches that were tough, citing that all the successful coaches in the NHL are not warm and fuzzy. He even went as far as saying that hockey shouldn't be fun, and that winning is fun.

That's the kind of culture our team needs. A tough coach who allocates time based on production, skill, and observation. Capuano doesn't do any of these things. Benching Grabner last night is a perfect example while Pandolfo, Reasoner, and Nino play.

For the Isles to contend next year at least 3 things need to happen:

1) Sign a true top 4 dman
2) Sign a true top 6 forward
3) Replace Capuano with an experienced coach that has a track record of developing prospects (I know many people want someone like Hitchcock, but he doesn't have the best track record with prospects/young players)

JPIsles21 is online now   Reply With Quote