Old
02-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I'm not a big fan of Witt.

I would be more of a fan of Willie Mitchell for Minnesota. He's UFA this summer. I assume that Minnesota is going to try and resign him, though. I'd give up our second for him, and hope that we'd have a chance of resigning him in the offseason. The only other names I'd consider trading would be Fiddler, Pivko, or some 2nd-tier prospect in Eurpoe.

If anyone wants Finley, I'd glady trade him. He's wavier eligible next year, and I don't want him as our backup.

Carney... is this his last year of his contract? I haven't seen him this year, but he was great in the Ducks playoff run a few years ago. I'd consider it if he doesn't have another year on his contract.

But, as a whole, I wouldn't be totally opposed to staying put on defense. I don't think we're one player away from the cup. With Markov, our playoff defense makeup will be an improvement over last year.
I pretty much agree with everything here, and I too would rather have Mitchell than Witt. The other board didn't really like him, but I have to say he would be a great addition to any teams blueline playoff or otherwise. I probably would trade one of our top 6 forwards, leaning torwards Erat if it came down to it....but that is likely a move for the off-season.