View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Perro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
32-22-2-3, 5th in the conference.

I'm sorry, I don't agree with the assertion he had no talent. From Doug Weight to Ryan Smyth to Chris Pronger, there's always been some level of talent on that team, especially after the lock out. Horcoff's play fell off while MacTavish was still there too. 53 points (17 goals) in 80 games his final year under MacT is not a 5 mill guy.

If we are going to go with the old veteran coach routine, I'd rather stick with the guy whose teams at least routinely makes the playoffs than a one hit wonder. MacT and Paul Maurice are smart hockey guys, no disrespect intended, but they have hardly done anything of significance outside of a one big playoff run (two in Maurice's case).
Are you talking about Sutter. Other than the run with Calgary he is usually a firts round and out guy as well. I was just syaing at the time of TM being fire I would have rather seen Mac given the shot. There is no doubt in my mind that he got the most out of his line up in Edmonton, and I would have loved to see what he could have done here.
Now that we have sutter I am holding judgement till after next year when he gets a chance to fully make this his team.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote