View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 03:29 PM
YP44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I also agree with your sentiment that we needed more of a shake up than Sutter, as he and Murray are very similar. I wanted to see us push for a guy like Hynes or Eakins from the AHL, or Boughner. The timing of the coaching change, mid-season, likely impacted that though. Outside of Muller, very few guys moved from one organization to another mid-season. I had hoped we'd jump on Boudreau as well, but he was gone by the time we canned TM.

As for Sutter versus TM, TM was a head coach for 11 full seasons, making the playoffs nine times. Four times he made the second round, twice reaching the third round. Once he made the finals, so VERY similar to Sutter as well in that regard. Perhaps the biggest difference is the last five seasons TM has coached, he's missed the playoffs twice and three times was bounced in the first round. The last five full seasons as a coach, Sutter has made the playoffs every year, three times getting to the second round, including the 2004 Stanley Cup finals.

Overall, very similar levels of success, which isn't to suprising since it's widely accepted here that DS is just a louder, at times grumpier version of TM.
ESPN had an article this week on GM's wanting compensation back for loosing coaches and executives to other teams. The League use to compensate fo a pick (I believe the last one was the kings had to give Philly a 2nd for hiring Murray). The article said that if this was brought back more teams would be willing to let their AHL talent move to other teams.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote