View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 03:52 PM
newfr4u

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
but they work for people that don't have the "gym mindset" I can get in the weight room and pound out a good workout even when I don't want to. because its part of my lifestyle. many people don't have that need. programs like these help people excercise because it has clearly defined goals. they know that in an hour or 45min or whatever that they are gonna be done and have gotten in a decient workout. so I think at the least its good if it helps more people get fit in their daily lives.
no they don't work. and they don't have clearly defined goals. the program is a little bit of everything, hitting muscles that you know the names of multiple times with insufficient stimulus, and exercises done with absolutely no standards. compliance to something as simple as progressive load is next to impossible with the program. you could end up putting in the same effort into the program and never get a significant enough training effect.

out of a hundred people who start p90x, 99+ don't finish it. same with insanity. i really don't think it "helps more people get fit".

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote