View Single Post
Old
03-09-2012, 04:12 PM
newfr4u

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
Whatever - I went from 20% body fat to 12% with P90X and increased my strength, endurance and power across every measure I can think of.

Since then I've tried all sorts of other programs and plans, including a deadlift/squat/bench program. There is plenty of reason to criticize P90X (like, for example that you can build the same workout on your own for free) but it is, plain and simple, a well-rounded exercise program that will get you in better shape.

Are there better programs out there? Sure. Can you get in better shape with them? Sure. Do some people need a) the structure of P90X and b) new and different exercises every day to keep them engaged? Absolutely.

Not everyone has the patience to spend an hour doing the same progressive loads in a power rack every day.
so, this hypothetical synthetic cohort "everyone" doesn't have the patience to do 3 sets of 3 exercises 3 times a week, yet somehow have the determination to work through 90 minutes of random exercises 6 days a week? gmafb.

every program has a dropout rate. the fact that p90x has sold millions of copies, yet i hardly see anyone on the street who looks like they might be hiding a p90x body under their clothes, pretty much means the dropout rate of p90x is extraordinarily high. i would blame it on the fact that it has TOO MANY redundant exercises that prevents the participants to focus and properly load a since exercise like the squat. but in general the program is ALSO simply too hard to adhere to.

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote