View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 03:36 AM
garmonbozia

vCash: 500
I don't want to trade for a goalie.

I know we need a new one...or two.
I know you need to 'give to get'.
I know good ones don't just grow on trees.

I'm not super attached to Connolly, any unpicked draft pick now until whenever, Purcell, Hedman...whatever. I'm not in principle against trading any piece other than Stamkos or St. Louis if I really believe it improves the team. I've yet to see a goalie proposal that improves us without plundering us...even from our own.

If the Varlamov trade really is the new standard (I think its an exception, not the rule)...then we should not make a trade to fill our goaltending need. Better off 'trading' 2013 picks by signing an RFA to an offersheet, since it seems like most of the desired commodities are restricted this offseason anyway.

Sadly, I expect there to be a less than ideal short term fix this offseason. Another suspect UFA retread who isn't notably better than the laundry list of mediocre goalies on short term deals that have waddled their way through over the years.

Our Defense is still going to need a lot of work this offseason, and the bottom 6 will need more than a shuffle of internal parts after moving Moore, Downie, and Ashton out.

As much as we might NEED a magical goaltender fix, I don't see it coming in trade, and certainly not at the costs imagined across the forums.

Last edited by garmonbozia: 03-10-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: more piratical...arrrgh, or maybe less
garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote