View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Leehh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Far too early to say that. E.g. at the trade deadline, all the teams Detroit talked to, wanted Pulkkinen but they said no. For someone "highly unlikely to make the NHL" there would not be that much interest.
The way he has been adapting the game detroit plays even without being in NHL or AHL is almost remarkable for a guy who haven't even been introduced to their playstyle by a coach in anyway. I can't name anyone from europe in a decade who has improved few sections of hes game so much that Pulkkinen has done in last two seasons. Hes pretty much NHL ready now, now he only needs bit luck and decent line with good chemistry.

Hes defensive and playmaking game has improved so much, he has taken so big leap on them in last two season( i used to see him as pure sniper and as a "thing" who you could throw around in trades to get earlier draft number ) that i just can't name any player who has done it this way( being in europe and trying to adapt playing style of a team without actually playing with them ).

I think Pulkkinen will be playing few games in NHL next year, if he does all the right things off-season training, training camp and in games.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote