Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 11:51 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Totally agree about Cunti.

As I've posted at the beginning of the season, he could go all through... from a NLB- to the first Line of the NT. As good as it was for him to restart his career with GCK, it was a blatant joke talentwise.

I really hope Simpson gives the "Brunner-Cunti-Sprunger" -Combo a try in Prep-games.

They might wouldn't be the best in retrieving puck-possession or defensive work.
But if they can gain the puck in the offensive zone..... I don't think the swiss NT has ever offered a line with more puck-skills.

It would be the ideal line to make the difference against Non-Top-6-Nations IMO.

and BTW, as exciting Cunti's playing style is, he still got much room to improve:

His puck-skills and skating are elite, and his vision and passing as well as his ability to gain space in the offensive zone are very good,

and while he gives a constant effort nowadays, on the defensive site as well, he's still missing a bit intensity and power. And for a guy that highly skilled, who handles the playmaking of his line with so much ease, he should learn to be a leader beside the skills. (compare him to Brunner or von Arx) He still likes to hide his personality on the ice. (maybe there's the lazy-label coming from?)

but most important IMO: he should shoot more often... he's got a nice wrist shot. he got a whole lot of variety in his passing, hard to read, but when the D-corps realize that he pass/shot- ratio is about 19:1, they gonna adjust soon, and he'll lose a lot of efficency.

never the less. it was a pleasure, seeing him develop this season.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote