View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
We havenīt enough Cap Space to take Pronger back from IR in my Book. So we must play the playoffs without him. But i really doubt he will come back this year and also next year. GrossmanN and Kubina are acquired because of this fact.

Crosby should sit down the whole time till the preseason next year. He needs a lot of work and better protection for his head (better helmet?). If he comes back now he will be injured before the playoffs!! And that would end his career directly!

I donīt want him quit, but i also donīt want to start playing soft on him, because i love this sport. And this sport without hitting isnīt real!!
FWIW (Not that I believe he can/will return for the postseason): There is not a Cap in the NHL Postseason... so, theoretically, I believe the Flyers could take Pronger off IR and add him to the roster without the concern of a Cap Violation... That is of course unless there is an NHL CBA rule I'm unaware of stating that a player cannot come off LTIR/IR at the end of the Regular after being on it for X amount of time.

That said, Homer has already announced up front, when Pronger's situation was revealed, that he would not play again this Regular Season, nor this Postseason... I believe the poster you quoted was listing a wish roster and pointing out a what if situation.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote