View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Prairie Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
It can be easily rectified if it was.

Desjardins is a RFA after this season. He's atop the AHL leaderboard in goals against average (1.97) and save percentage (.937). He's been beset by injuries this season, but appears to be 100% again.

Based on the rules for this past season, Desjardins could be had for a song or nothing. A cap hit of less than $1.034m and there's no compensation and anything from $1.034 to $1.567m would only require a 3rd round draft pick as compensation.

Given how little one would expect to play behind Price, I doubt that the Canadiens could attract an established 25-30 game back up. Desjardins might be the perfect fit for a couple of reasons. First, he's 26 and any NHL gig would be a step up for him. Second, he's done everything he can in the AHL and is ready for the NHL. Third, he'll come cheap and like his former teammate in Hamilton and Cincinnati (DD), his dream growing up was to play for the Canadiens.

He's also not a pie-in-the-sky draft pick. He's ready to go now. One major injury to Price and the Habs are FUBARed.
Awesome. So a couple bad games by Carey and the media will be howling for Cedric Franchise. I'm pretty sure he was on waivers this year and he couldn't stick in Tampa. I really see no evidence to suggest he is better than Budaj, someone who has a decent number of starts at the NHL level and has actually held down a starters job.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote