View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 02:57 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
You can be Reimer fan,that's fine. But you can't see that Gus is playing better right now? C'mon.
you know I read that a lot. I don't see it. I don't see how he has been clearly better than Reimer. I think they both stunk it up this year for the most part except for maybe a few spurts here and there. I'm not saying Reimer has been better than Gus. Not at all. But it's not like Gus has been way better than Reimer either. Let's put it this way, we lost 2 of the last 3 with Gus under Carlyle. That's a .33 win percentage. Crap.

But let me say it again for clarification. Reimer and Gus both stink. It's just that one is younger and signed for 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I think Carlyle wants to get a long look at Gustavsson so he'll have a more informed opinion when the decision is made to re-sign him or let him walk.

No doubt they will get a Starter for next year, the decision will be who to keep as a Backup. IMO, it'll be Reimer unless Gustavsson really plays well the rest of the year. Not much chance of that.

At this point neither Goalie has been very good, little difference who starts.
I guess it comes down to if one thinks Gus might be re-signed. I, like you, personally don't think there's any chance of that. Because Reimer will have to be moved. I don't see Reimer going anywhere when his stock is at an all time low. I say Reimer will have to be moved because I don't think there's any chance we go back with the same duo next year. That would be the making of another miserable year. I don't think Burke will survive that.