View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 04:38 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
you know I read that a lot. I don't see it. I don't see how he has been clearly better than Reimer. I think they both stunk it up this year for the most part except for maybe a few spurts here and there. I'm not saying Reimer has been better than Gus. Not at all. But it's not like Gus has been way better than Reimer either. Let's put it this way, we lost 2 of the last 3 with Gus under Carlyle. That's a .33 win percentage. Crap.

But let me say it again for clarification. Reimer and Gus both stink. It's just that one is younger and signed for 3 years.

I guess it comes down to if one thinks Gus might be re-signed. I, like you, personally don't think there's any chance of that. Because Reimer will have to be moved. I don't see Reimer going anywhere when his stock is at an all time low. I say Reimer will have to be moved because I don't think there's any chance we go back with the same duo next year. That would be the making of another miserable year. I don't think Burke will survive that.
Reimer last year and even this year when he's playing well doesn't allow goals that go through him, he's not this athletic goalie and if he's getting beat with shots that go through him underneath his arms, between his legs or anything near his body he's and I hate to say this useless if he gets beat like that and I think right now they're doing what should have happen a long time ago similar to what Montreal did with Price when he started getting beat consistently with pucks going through him shut him down play the other guy let Reimer work on his game at practice and give him spot duty starts so he could slowly find his confidence in his game again to get ready for next year. It wont do him any good to keep playing him at this point with the team in disarray play the guy that wont be here next year who has been the better of the 2 this year anyway and see what happens next year with a fresh start with Reimer.

I believe that Reimer is the real deal due to the fact that when he's on nothing go's through him if he's beat it's off of good shots in the corners of the net and off of rebounds but not through his body that's the make up of true #1 goalies unlike Gustavsson and the difference between the 2 who gives up goals through his body rather he's on or not and believe that this inconsistency Reimer been suffering through this year will be fixed just like Price did moving forward.