Thread: Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 05:39 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
Tuukka Rask Knew Immediately Injury Was Serious When He Heard 'Snap', Still Hopes to Be Ready for Playoffs

Quote:
"When it happened I heard a snap in my ab and I was obviously in a lot of pain," Rask said Saturday, discussing the injury publicly for the first time before the Bruins' 4-3 loss to Washington at the Garden. "I was happy that I hopefully don't have to go through surgery, and that's pretty much it. You know, 4-6 weeks [is what] the doctor said. That's pretty tough, but the main thing is to get better and get ready for the playoffs."

Rask is holding out hope that he will be ready to play again in the postseason if needed, and the current timetable for his recovery should allow for that, even though Rask recognizes that he'll likely need the full six weeks to heal.
Quote:
"I can't, you know it's your ab and it's your groin you're whole body kind of goes through that area there," said Rask, who added his first week of therapy consisted mostly of just icing the area and resting. "So there's really nothing I can do cardio-wise right now, just mental exercises and I jumped in the hot tub today. That's a nice relaxing spa day."