View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 500
Call me crazy, but I think this is the (I won't say 'biggest') most anticipated regular season home game we've ever had. I say this for a few reasons:

1.) Preds-Wings is always a spectacle in our building. Saturday night cranks it up even more than it already is. It's a late-season game between two teams that are looking likely to meet AGAIN in the first round. More rides on this game mentally than anything else.

2.) I believe this is the first season that the Preds have been completely weaved into the fabric of the city. The team has never seen such popularity in Nashville, and it's not because we're on a playoff run, it's because we really have more and more FANS in town. People are following every game that didn't care one bit four years ago. So, subsequently, people want tickets for tonight's game. People have been trying to get tickets to this game for a long, long time. Upper bowl seats for this game were over 100 bucks each recently. This is Nashville we're talking about here. I think that speaks for itself.

3.) The only other game I can think of like this from an anticipation standpoint was Forsberg's first game in Nashville. Yes we were good that season, but people were going to see HIM above all else. Not tonight. People are going to show their Preds pride in full force and paying a pretty penny to do so. The city has had this date circled for a long time and it's finally here.

Let's do this.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote