View Single Post
Old
03-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Esa 10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Which brings up an excellent point - the Rangers are probably looking for a goalie in this year's draft.

Considering that the pick, under even the best of circumstances, is likely about 4 years from even challenging for a roster spot, let alone being ready to be a starter, we are probably entering that time period where drafting for a netminder is called for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I still maintain that Johnson could be a quality backup in this league and a decent (but not amazing or anything) starter.

What do you think of us drafting Andrei Vasilevski or Malcom Subban if they fall to our pick? Vasilevski seems like a good goalie and maybe BPA if he falls to us.
I think NYR should draft a goalie, but I still would be opposed to taking one in the first couple of rounds. Subban and Vasilevski are not lasting to the 3rd, most likely not past the 1st round. I just feel like drafting a goalie in the 1st unless it's a superstar prospect like Fleury, Luongo, Price is too much of a risk. Too difficult to predict how 18 year old goalies will develop and NYR don't really need a superstar prospect in the position at this stage. Too many other needs that should be a priority also. I feel like they should concentrate on drafting scoring forwards and maybe a puck moving D with the better picks. The need for more scoring at F is self-explanatory and you can never have too many PMD. We really only have MDZ as a pretty sure thing at the position. Most contenders have 2 or 3. Even if Erixon develops great and McD finds more offense, you can always get a good return that fills other needs for a PMD who shows he belongs in NHL in a trade. Witness the return on Goligoski. PMD are rarely moved, hard to find and cost a fortune in UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Many people think Victor Fasth is good enough to be an NHL backup right now, there were rumours that we were looking at him last summer. See thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...621&highlight=

He will only come over for a 1-way contract though. I certainly would not be opposed to signing him, he's easily the best goalie in the SEL right now http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5147
Sounds like a good option if they can't come to an agreement on a new contract with Biron. Still would like to have more competent vet depth in Hartford. Should be able to find somebody in Europe or around AHL.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote