Thread: Hamilton on TV.
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2003, 07:58 AM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
After some pretty lousy Hab efforts on the ice, this was what the doctor ordered. I keep preaching patience and am looking forward to the eventual attrition of some of our vets when their contracts expire. I also have heard and agree that we have some pretty decent prospects. Last night's game made it real again. It was fun. It was entertaining. A number of those guys will be promoted in the future, and it will be fun and entertaining again in the big club.

The moves that Pleks made to set up the Dogs' first goal on the PP by Higgs...wow. Pleks really makes things happen and has wonderful speed and stickhandling skills, and has really nice vision out there. He is the closest to NHL ready IMO. Higgs in not too far off either. Superb hustle and really nice hands. He is very solid in both ends. Balej seemed to show more hockey sense out there than many posters have seen from him earlier this season. Maybe he is starting to learn. I hope so since that speed and shot are pretty nice tools!! Dags has a great shot, but he seems to be almost hitting his ceiling in the AHL. Not convinced he will get regular shifts in the NHL anytime soon. Gratton is a workhorse, and would fit in with Begin really well. However, his "veteran" presence on this young team is much needed. Big Komo looks like he is getting that confidence back. I liked his interview in the first..."Just have to keep it simple" in order to get back into the Habs' lineup.

Let these guys have some fun down in Hamilton this season under Jarvis. Let them grow to love that winning attitude this season. Don't bring them up too early and have them sour on the game when they have to play alongside a bunch of underperforming vets.