View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 12:10 AM
ponder

vCash: 500
I love how we're finally playing good defense, I can handle a loss just fine when we defend well. We lost in the SO against a good team, no big deal, especially when what we really need is losses at the moment, not wins. It may have been a boring game, but at least the team is showing a TONNE of progress defensively under Carlyle.

As for Kessel, he is a great skater with a great shot and great puck handling ability, but he's always going to be incredibly soft. He is probably the least physical player in the league, he does not compete hard physically at all, and because of that he's not very good defensively, this is really nothing new and it's NOT going to change. I've accepted this, he's not a franchise player, he's too one dimensional, but he is GREAT with the puck, very dynamic. He's a 1st line winger who can have a major impact with the puck and on the PP, you just can't expect him to play and all around game, because he does not at all. He's still a very useful player, even if he is soft as tissue paper.

Last edited by ponder: 03-11-2012 at 12:16 AM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote