View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 01:04 AM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

vCash: 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I tend to agree with this. Spaling seems to be better offensively than Gaustad, and he has some chemistry with Hornqvist, Tootoo, and wilson. Still, Gaustad has already racked up a couple of assists in his brief tenure with the Preds. Maybe he adds more defensive prowess to that third line and deserves it over Spals?

Unsure.

Smith is an enigma. Watching him play, I like what I see. He has clearly hit a wall. Going from 35 games to a full preseason, training camp, and now 70+ games is a bit much for a young player. Still, the talent, skills, and motivation is there. I think he is a matchup player. If you need some extra offense or one of your top 6-9 goes down, he is a more than adequate replacement. This is something we have never had before.

Halischuk vs. Borque. Both players have speed. Both players hit. Both players are reasonably good with the back check. Hals has a penchant for scoring dirty goals with minimal minutes, but Borque has something about him that makes you want him in the lineup. I said last year that Hali was a better and younger Joel ward. I stick by that statement. I think you start Hali, and put Borque on the bench. However, both can make a case for starting. There emergence plus the depth on the farm with guys like Latta, Beck, Mueller, makes me more inclined to say it is going to be the last season of Jordin Tootoo as a predator (even with his remarkably good offensive season).
if anything, its his good offensive numbers that might convince someone else to pay him north of 2 mil, which we can't and shouldn't pay for him...