View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 01:08 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
He started the year with something like 15p in 15 games and it was Legwand mania around here. "He finally got good line mates and look what happens". la la.

If he's getting 20 minutes a night and signifiant PP time, he better be putting up at least 40 points.

When I refer to his "slumber" I'm not referring to his mediocre point totals. I'm referring to his overal game. He started the year off with some life in his game, now he's back to being the Legwand we know most of... going through the motions, staying on the perimeter, turnover machine, and overall generic offensive game.

I think one reason Erat has kicked it up a notch this year is because he has been with Fisher most of the year. Not that Fisher is anything special offensively, but his effort his consistent, he has some ability to keep the play alive in the offensive zone, wins battles, decent shot, etc. Legwand rarely makes his line-mates better offensively. He's just generic. Sure, he will have mediocre point totals getting 20 min a night and a lot of PP time, but so will Patrick Kjellberg.

Let's just hope he brings more intensity to the playoffs again.
I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying it