View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Loyal2TheOil

vCash: 500
I've tried p90 but not insanity. I would have to agree with most of the people here is that it's very easy to get bored of unless you are super committed. The program is very well designed and it's hard for your body to habituate since you are constantly shocking it with new exercises. I really like the plyometrics and surprisingly the yoga as well.

I prefer just going to the gym. I'm not a person who can motivate myself to workout at home. Home is home, it's where I relax. Everything about the gym is such a routine it just motivates me. Anyways to get back on topic. What worked the best for me was to do full body workouts and lift heavy weights, 5/6 sets 4-6 reps. If youre someone that cant lift heavy weights you could try something like (50% set 1, 60% set 2, 70% set 3, 80% set 4, 90% set 5, and 100% set 6). Then the following week ideally your 50% becomes a heavier weight. I can't stress how important it is to rest and to eat properly. For me I was consuming 2500-3000 calories a day and had a 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat diet. The idea here is you are building muscle (aka the fat burning engine). Then after about 8-12 weeks of this training, you switch to the cutting phase and incorporate heavy amounts of cardio (any high intensity interval training is always really good for guys who play hockey or football) and lifting lighter weights, 4 sets 8-12 reps.

In the muscle building phase make sure you do as many full body exercises so get rid of the bicep curls, the tricep pulldowns, and focus on deadlifts, squats, and bench 3 times a week with 1 day of rest in between. then in the cutting phase, you would switch over to the individual muscle exercises to tone them. Everyone is different so see what works the best for you, I have a friend who lost 60 pounds off the P90 and it was something I couldnt keep up with. goodluck!

Loyal2TheOil is offline   Reply With Quote