View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 04:08 AM
JoeCool16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcarcagno View Post
Wanted to get some pointers/tips from seasoned players on playing beer league for the first time. I saw a previous thread about beer league tips, but this new "draft league" i'm going to start in April is a little different than standard.
Awesome!

I was in a similar situation. My previous coed league would take every player and give us a set of tryout games, where they would rank us and put us on teams so that each team would get an even dispersion of talent. When I started I was the worst, so my advice is to know your limitations and stick to your strengths for the first couple games. If you don't feel comfortable bringing the puck in yourself, dump and chase. Play sound positional hockey, and be defensive!

After a few games getting to know your teammates, they'll start to understand what kind of player you are and you'll know more about them. That's when you want to start trying some new stuff and maybe make a few rushes. You'll also probably see what you need to work on, and then be able to focus on that if you do stick n puck or the like. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote