View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
on a wire

vCash: 500
Roller hockey question (outdoor vs indoor wheels)

Hey everyone. I've played ice hockey most of my life but haven't really played much roller hockey aside from pick up games outside every now and then. Some friends asked me to join their indoor roller hockey team (rec league) this spring, and I'm always up for some hockey so I agreed.

I splurged on a pair of Reebok 5k skates so i could have something that would last a long time, but I've got a question about the wheels. When I bought the skates, the guy at the shop said they where "indoor" wheels and not to use them outdoors because it would wreck them. He was pretty persistent about this. If I go skate around on a basketball court or another smooth surface outside is it really going to mess up the wheels? I'd like to go goof around before my first game on Tuesday but I don't want to ruin these skates that I just bought.

If anybody has an answer then that would be awesome. Also, if anybody has some general advice for what I should expect transitioning from ice to roller hockey then that would be great, too. Thanks!

on a wire is offline   Reply With Quote