View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
JR303

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
The Hornqvist goal was a pretty good play by Legwand. The other two, it's all SK and AK. People can prop up Leggy to be a scoring machine on those, but 99 out of 100 NHL players get secondary assits on those goals.

He could have had 8 assits tonight. Won't change my perception that's he's very average in the offensive zone. We have a sample size of hundreds of games.
The argument that he's average is fine, what is misguided here is that anyone would have picked up those assists because the brothers are the ones that made the passes. That's true, but the space only opened up because Legwand went to the slot, and that brought a defender up to defend him leaving a nice little 2 on 1 for the brothers to finish cleanly. Honestly, they looked like set plays to me, but there was nothing accidental about Legwand's intent with his positioning, or his direction with the puck. I can guarantee that he knew the moment that he sent those pucks to SK, that AK was the final recipient.

Being able to see the whole play doesn't make me a Lewand apologist, but being a Legwand detractor makes it impossible for one to see his positives.