View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 08:08 PM
cfaub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan7 View Post
I have a question I am hoping someone here can answer for me. Is it appropriate for a 96 AAA player who has played on a weak team that didn't get viewed a lot and exited in the first round of playoffs to e-mail the various OHL teams with a feature sheet, game tape etc.? Thanks for your reply
I know many years ago, 70s and 80s players that were undrafted would contact teams looking for a tryout now in this day and age where it can be harder to het noticed outside of the bigger AAA areas or on a weaker team I would imagine it can't hurt.

The one thing to remember though is that any kid not drafted in their first year of eligibility has to go through a second draft before they can be signed as a FA.

If this concerns your son I would look at sending out some info to as many teams as possible. Even if it does not get him drafted this season his name is out there, scouts will get a chance to look at him and reconsider him next season.

I would also look at sending the info out to other leagues as well. If he is not drafted this season or next he becomes a FA and I believe he can go to any of the 3 CHL leagues as well as possibly statside as well.

Good luck with it.

cfaub is offline   Reply With Quote