View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Wow, Greening will end up with more than 30 pts in his first full yr in the NHL & he still isn't doing enough for some people. He is the fastest guy on the team, he hits, he backchecks, he fights & he can set up some nice goals. What more can this guy do? I guess we will have to wait & see what Silfverberg/Zibanejad do next season to see if they can come close or beat what Greening has done this yr.

Not only should the Sens keep Klinkhammer IMO they should sign him for next season. He has proven since he was traded that he was a consistent contributor in Bingo all yr & he is showing in Ottawa that he has a nose for the net. Although he only has a point in 3 games he has the NHL size I like, he finishes his checks, plays decent defensively & hopefully will start putting them in. IMO he is already better than Daugavins & should replace him in the lineup for next season.
It's not just you aragorn, but a lot of people. Expectations are just so incredibly low.

Greening has been extremely inconsistent, does not hit consistently, does not hit hard consistently. He is huge and extremely strong but only shows flashes of a power game, and hardly any mean streak. He is very fast also but rarely utilizes his speed to his advantage. He has played a huge portion of the season with Spezza, 30 points just isn't enough for a guy with his package.

/rant

Klink is awesome. Love when he chips it off the boards and wins the foot race. Hope he keeps it up and doesn't fizzle out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Hard to justify not keeping him up at this point.

I see him inevitably slowing down like Daugavins, but for now he's an asset in the bottom 6. I don't want him playing in the top 6 though. We have an offensively-challenged Greening already being given top 6 icetime; the last thing we need is our two top LWers being unable to create any kind of offensive opportunities.
He is the best option for 2nd line LW right now, but yeah hopefully next year he can continue his strong play in the bottom 6.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote