View Single Post
Old
03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Isles75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
I was at the game tonight, and a couple of weeks ago when the season was officially over, people were saying they wouldn't mind seeing the blue-skirts win the Cup. Their fans alone make me want to throw up, along with their dumb "Potvin Sucks" chants every two minutes.

It's beyond amazing, every game, I just think how good Tavares really is. It's unbelievable, how he easily goes through teams without breaking a sweat. And honestly, besides the dumb penalties and players like Pandolfo who can't hit a puck more than two feet on a PK, I feel like it was quite an effort tonight just in how they'd respond after yesterday's loss. Players like A-Mac sacrificing their whole body to block a shot, Hamonic always working hard. It's players like those who this franchise needs to build around (obviously along with JT, etc...) to hopefully turn this team around.
I really Don't get why everyone gets so upset about the Potvin Chants. The fact that Ranger fans still chant his name in any form—still 20 years since he retired—is a tribute to perhaps the best Defenseman ever to play the game since Booby Orr. They know it and we know it. Every time they mention his name in MSG, it's a tribut to a NY Islander that led the Islanders to 4 straight cups. Ranger fans know it was an era that is too good to forget.