View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
That's what I was guessing

Good for Steve.... always root for anyone that comes out of Section 1 to make a good D1 College program.

I'm thinking right now, top of the head, who's currently out there, and I can only think of these three:

- Matt Willows, who played at Clarkstown in Section 1, is playing at UNH right now
- The Daniels twins, drafted in the third and seventh round by San Jose, finished up at Northeastern this year and played for Suffern before going to Kent for prep

There are a lot of talented players that come out of NJ, too, obviously (JVR with Delbarton and now the Flyers, Kyle Palmieri now with Anaheim...)

Any other NY Section 1 athletes playing D1 college hockey that I'm missing? Matt Dyer plays for St. Lawrence and grew up in Suffern, but never went to HS there, stopping briefly at Bosco I think before NE Prep a la Daniels twins...
I don't know what high school he played for but you're forgetting Kevin Shattenkirk out of New Rochelle, who's doing pretty well for himself as far as I know on the Blues. Don't really know his stats but I always see him on NHL Tonight during the highligh-reels and whatnot. His older brother actually played with my brother on the Brewster Bulldogs and I used to play with Kevin during the games haha. I think we're both the same age (23).

The Daniels twins also came out of our rink, we have their names hanging up in our lobby with Shattenkirk's.

And yeah, that heat blast is great if you're freezing coming out of the rink

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote