View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Climacus View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to be moving to Philly this summer and am looking for recommendations as to where to live in the city (or, hate to say this, recommendations of parts of the city to avoid). I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm going to be a grad student at Villanova, but based on previous visits, I think I'd like to live somewhere in the city and commute by train and/or bike to school. I'd like to live in a neighborhood that is quiet and safe, hopefully with a good mix of different types of food and good coffee. From what I understand so far, a lot of grad students live in West Philly, but that seems like a broad description, so I thought I'd ask here for some specific recommendations.

Also, it would be exceptionally awesome if any of you were familiar with Pittsburgh so that we could compare neighborhoods.
You aren't going to be biking from Philly to Nova, that's for sure. It seems like your more interested in the city life, but if not, the Villanova area is definitely quiet and safe.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote