Thread: Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers - 3/11/2012
View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
im not sure how anyone can make that distinction since weve literally never seen the guy be given a chance to do that. when he plays at E.S. it's usually in a shutdown mode or a grind mode. He's not in front of the net on point shots, he's usually playig a little higher in case the shot gets deflected so he can get back into the play.

Im not a brian boyle fan at all, i think he's a damn good 4th liner, but is being given WAY too many minutes for what he brings, with that said, i think it's worth a shot. His sheer size alone, and his ability to play the boards, and win *some* faceoffs (we've killed our PP with an inability to win PP Faceoffs) would be helpful on the PP, and if he can regularly give us some tips in front, that would be great too.
We have used him from time to time on the PP this season on our second unit, he has a bad tendency to tip pucks wide. He also isn't very good with rebounds(that has been shown numerous times this season).

I ask the question again, why don't we use Rupp the way we use Boyle on the PP? He was very effective when Pitt used him in that role.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote