Thread: Carl Hagelin
View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
Points based mentality doesn't make any sense. As I said, he has arguably been the best player on the ice for the best team in the Eastern Conference for about half the time he has been in the NHL. I am not saying this makes him without a doubt a sure fire first liner, but arguing that he doesn't have the necessary skills to play there doesn't make any sense at this point. The kid has earned his current opportunity on the top line through his effort and skills all season long.
Sure it does. My stance is not whether he is playing well or not but whether he is effective on a first line. I don't see it. I'm not arguing how he has been slotting between second and third line minutes. His only great skill set, atm, is his speed and defensive ability. IMO, he is lacking in other areas to be effective.

Also, I think you are being way too generous in saying he has been our best player. He has been consistent, but he also has been used carefully.

I agree that points don't make the man, but from your original post it seemed like he was dominating as a first line player.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote