View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Prendan Brust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Lose on purpose? No.

But I expected our GM to be smart enough to see that we can't win anything and I expected him to be able to see this long ago. That's part of the reason why I've ripped him for the idiotic trades that he's made this year.

I expect nothing less from our players. Nobody wants to see them throw the games. But I'd expect management to have some brains. Putting Markov in now made absolutley no sense. And yes, I do think it would be okay to play our backup once in a while. We're not going anywhere this season anyway so wth is the point in playing Price for 70 games the way we're doing? How does that make sense to you?
It may make no sense from your perspective, i.e. Getting the highest possible pick but I don't see how the opposite makes sense in the real world. I'd like to know how you think Gauthier could have sit a healthy Markov without provoking a fire storm?

How do you explain to Markove he can't play even though he feels ready and his doctor gave him the green light?

How do you explain to your coach he won't be able to dress Markov because you want your team to have the lowest chance to win?

How do you explain to your colleagues (i.e. Other GMs) why you wont ice a healthy Markov?

How do you explain to the other players that you don't want Markov with them because you want a higher pick?

And last but not least : How do you think the press would react?

I think what You implicitely propose here is out of touch with reality.