View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 06:12 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't want Roy as coach no matter what... Grigorenko doesn't come into it. Roy seems a bit too volatile and inexperienced to be my first choice. Now, guys like that do someitmes pan out and become NHL star coaches. So if Roy did end up as our guy, I don't automatically predict failure and I'd be hopeful that he'd be one of the successes. But I hope we don't have to roll the dice like that this summer. I don't know who is going to get fired from current NHL jobs, or who all the best experienced candidates will be, but I dare to think we'll have solid options that don't include the dice roll on Roy.
I dont get posts like yours.

Look at who we had. Jacques Martin. As experienced and laid back a coach as you could find. And look at what that has gotten us. Nothing. Nothing at all. The young players were held back in their development with this cool, calm and collected EXPERIENCED coach. We lost two Kostitsyns because of this coach. We lost a large physical DMan (O'Byrne -- 117 blocked shots, 157 hits and a -1-------more hits and blocked shots than the "physical DMan" Johnny Boychuk) because of Cool Hand Jacques.

So the coaches' demeanor means absolutely squat. What is more important is the understanding by the coach regarding the game of hockey and what it takes to win.

Scotty Bowman was not all warm and fuzzy. He had an explosive temper. Some players called him a dictator. But he understood hockey, he understood human nature and he knew how to win.

Montreal has had (has) its share of quiet experienced men in leadership and coaching, but lacking knowledge on what it takes to win. No thanks. We need/deserve a change.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote