View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Csonked Out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The NCAA plays less games, obviously that would leave him at home more often to take advantage of the world class weight training facilities many universities have. I've never personally been to UND's campus, but considering how much money was spent on the arena I would assume they have pretty damn nice facilities.
Another thing to consider, which not sure if it's been mentioned is his age. Had he been born in early September instead of early October he is eligible for this years draft, which makes him likely to be either signed by an NHL team or influenced to play junior so teams have more control of the player and can see him at full training camp. Many Michigan fans are afraid something like that could happen with Jones NTDP teammate Jacob Trouba. None of that will be in play in this situation as Seth is a late 94 birthday. Also, if Seth goes to Everett this year he is considered a CHL player and as part of the CHL-NHL agreement he would only be eligible to play in the NHL or Everett during the 2013-2014 season, but if he goes to college next season he could play one year at UND and then either decide to return to college or sign with whatever team drafts him, should he sign he is considered a college player which would allow whatever team that drafts him to send him to their AHL affiliate with the potential to be called up to the NHL at anytime during his first season. I know this has all been discussed to him by his advisers now the ball is in his court.

Everett put on the fullcourt press to try and get him to come this season and he didn't come. They will surely try again this summer. I don't think money will be a factor, and no matter where this kid plays this coming year he will be a very very high pick in 2013.
The men's hockey team has it's own state of the art facility in the arena itself. They have Xray and MRI machines, world class equipment, and 24/7 access to the rink to skate. I would say that there are very few NHL facilities that can compare.

That being said, I still expect him to go the CHL route but would be thrilled if he came to UND. The top 3 defenders would be Jordan Schmaltz, Derek Forbort, and Seth Jones, that is some big time talent!