View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Royisgone

vCash: 500
Do not overlook the huge importance of the Florida game Saturday night.

I have a funny feeling that Washington will trade places with Florida and rocket up to 3rd by virtue of being division leader--and stay there for the rest of the regular season. Caps are only 1 point behind Florida now.

Yes, the Caps have a tough 4 game road trip coming up, but I like them winning their division over Florida. If the Caps move up to 3rd and stay there, our game against them may not be as important as people think.

I think a .750 win % is a bit high, though it would be nice to get as many points as we can of course. In reality, we might get it done with someting a bit better than 66%, basically a 2 out of 3 pace--not a 3 out of 4 pace.

One thing we know for sure is we do not have that many games we can lose here on out, and we end the season at Philly and then at Boston. For all the good they have done on this streak, make no mistake! The task remaining to get into the playoffs is massive.

And yet if we do get in, I don't see us being higher than 8th, and it looks like the Rangers will be in first. So there's your first round matchup if in fact we are playoff bound. And here's the crazy part! If I could pick which better team to face in the playoffs, it would be the Rangers. I would take them over Philly and Boston for sure. Even if they have arguably the best goaltender in the game. I don't know what it is--I see us as being able to give them problems.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote