View Single Post
Old
03-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I never said it only happens to bad teams. I said that when it does happen it doesn't correlate well with having a good one. A Stanley Cup winner will probably have that but a Stanley Cup winner will probably also have a lot of other good things.

The point is to think more in terms of overall team performance rather that individual counting stats. When you can build a really good offensive team through depth scoring, whether you have a couple of guys lighting it up really isn't that important.

Shouldn't you think its a little significant that they're managing this feat in their worst season in the standings?

Having a good collection of overall talent is more important that a couple great players. And two-way ability counts for more than racking up points.
I don't understand why you're trying to frame it as either/or. Why do I have to choose between the two? And wouldn't having two guys who can pot 30 goals make for a better team?

I see this as pretty pathetic man. You think it's no big deal... okay. But again, pretty much every other team has been able to do this except us.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote