View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't understand why you're trying to frame it as either/or. Why do I have to choose between the two? And wouldn't having two guys who can pot 30 goals make for a better team?

I see this as pretty pathetic man. You think it's no big deal... okay. But again, pretty much every other team has been able to do this except us.
I think if they weren't able to find a starting goalie, or a number one defenseman or strong two-way centermen it would be a way bigger deal than how well they were doing in finding 30 goal men. In many cases those 30 goal scorers were built by running a team's offense through a couple guys while the rest of the lineup does the spade work. Which is a bit of what's happened in Montreal this year.

They've been able to build good scoring depth at points and thrown it away. That's way more concerning to my line of thinking. They were really well set on that to start this year with a reliable 20 goal man in Kostitsyn as the 5th winger. If Montreal is going to get good offensively they'll need to get back to that.

They have most of the personal they need to be a good 5 on 5, power play and penalty kill team. Get to that point and you'll have a contender, it doesn't really matter if its through a transcendental talent or just a bunch of relatively good players.

Combine the 5 on 5 game they had to end last year or start this one with the penalty kill and a good powerplay and Montreal can run as good of a squad as any in the East.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote