Thread: Anders Nilsson
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

vCash: 500
I guess they're only returning Nilsson because of the AHL playoffs? I like Montoya too, but after seeing Nilsson give the Devils the hardest time of any Goaltender this year on two different nights I think he might very well be the future.

This is coming from a guy who called him a jabroni a week ago which I'm now eating crow over.

I was irate, because the Devils seem to make Goaltenders this year that are backups look like Ken Dryden. Aside from Bryzgalov who we never really challenged much the two times we faced him no other Goaltender has given us that hard of a time, and no other Goaltender has shut us out for 118 minutes straight. Before last Sundays game we had only been shut out once twice this season. Once to Bryzgalov on opening night, and once to Lundqvist the week before.

The Devils challenged Nilsson MUCH better, and gave him everything they had Saturday. It took 58 minutes that night, and over 118 minutes in a week to break him. My respect for him went up immensely in that game, and I know he proved he was no fluke after that.

So Nilsson is a monster, and he's got a bright future I think. I wish him, and you guys well in the future. Nilsson has our number, and if anything I'm glad we don't have to face him in our final game together!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote