View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 03:27 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
I think Detroit can have some trust in certain aspects of its organization.

As of right now, San Jose has attempted to change their roster around based on what they thought they were missing to get past that hump. The last couple years they have made it past the second round but have gotten ****-kicked in the conference finals. They have brought in new talent. They have traded away different talent. They have attempted to change up their forwards, defense, and goaltending to find that perfect fit. And in all of that, they are currently in the 9th seed and are going to be in a battle with the teams above and below them in order to secure a playoff seed, in a division where the leader is 10 points behind the SECOND PLACE team in the Central and 11 points behind the first place team in the Northwest. After the amount people talked about how much improved the roster was from last season (especially by you), the fact they have regressed so much is going to be a huge issue.

Detroit as of right now is where you would expect them (minus a magical St. Louis run that no one could have predicted and an unlucky current rash of injuries to star players) so at the moment it is business as usual until the real test begins. With San Jose you have a huge issue that as a fan would truly shake my trust in the foundation of the team, let alone give me any hope for getting past the first round.

To me a thread like this could bite us in the ass just for the fact that it was created in the first place, but I think you are really trying to handwave away the fact the Sharks aren't doing much to quell the concerns of their fans about their potential for a cup in the near future.
San Jose has beaten Detroit the last two years.
Say both teams die in round 1.

Maybe SJ's GM has a lower panic threshold because of job security. But really, which team has a better playoff record over the last three seasons? Which team is closer to the cup?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote