View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You must have had some pretty low expectations for this team...
Not particularly I'd say. We finished with 106 points last season. With as much change as we had this offseason, I expected us to be at 95 or so points. If we continue at our current pace, we finish pretty close to where we were last season. Also, I never expected us to be in the top 3 in scoring. I thought we'd be a fringe top 10 team in scoring and a middle of the league defensive team. We've been significantly better offensively and moderately worse in the GAA department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
JvR has been pretty much a non-factor this entire season. When he has played he has been just ok and he's only played basically half a season. The team wasn't relying on him when he has played and aren't missing him while he is out. If JvR doesn't step on the ice the rest of the season the team should be able to make up for his absence like they have all year. If he returns it will be a boost, but I don't think his being healthy is a key to this team's chances in the playoffs. I'd put that more on the defense and the Bryz.
The difference between the Flyers and a 1st round exit last season was JVR. Sure, someone else could go JVR in the playoffs, but being without the guy who strapped you on his back the previous year almost certainly makes us less dangerous. Yes, JVR has struggled this year, but every single time he's started to show that fire from the last season's playoff run, he's gotten hurt.

Furthermore, I want absolutely no part of Zac Rinaldo in a playoff series. The kid just doesn't have his head screwed on right and may never develop into an effective player that utilizes controlled aggression. A somewhat healthy JVR puts us one step closer to leaving Rinaldo out of the line-up.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote