View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Travel from Hartford? Are you kidding? He would've played 3 in 3 anyway with the Whale as they had a game on Sunday, too, and travel would've been similar.

Just an observation. I'm an MZA fan and was pulling for the Rangers to sign him when they did. I want the guy to succeed, believe me.
He drove himself from Hartford to NYC, I believe. That's not a horrible drive but for a guy who's barely even familiar with driving on the right side of the road, that's a physical and mentally exhausting thing to do, after playing back to back games and then playing a third in three days and in the NHL. He should rest. No, the optional skate wouldn't have killed him, but it also wouldn't have really helped him. He's been playing and skating.

The guy wants very badly to succeed here. He has had the right attitude the entire time. He was positive the first time he was sent down about working hard on his game and making it to the Rangers. This is his chance. His first game was a positive. Hope he continues it tonight. He's certainly been better than Wolski or a Christensen were in similar "limited minute, skill roles." Not the easiest thing to play 10 total minutes (4 at ES), in an offensive role. It's much easier for grinders to play limited minutes because you can make hits almost every shift, but if you don't have the puck, you can't do much offensively.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote