View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
dkollidas

vCash: 500
I think putting Hodgson with Vanek-Pominville is a good idea. He needs something to jumpstart his offense, and playing with our top-2 forwards would likely be the best way to do that. They've scored with Roy, Adam, Hecht, Leino, etc. centering for them this season, so why not give him a shot and see what happens.

Foligno should stay up. It's only been a couple games, but we can see he plays a smart, physical game, which we need badly. And he seems to be working well with Ennis and Stafford, and taking the physical role for that line allows Stafford to focus on making plays with Ennis and not needing to being a power forward, which he really isn't.

Leino has played well at center on that line with Gerbe and Kaleta. Let them continue to do what they're doing together.

I know Ruff trusts Roy, and he did redeem himself from ******* up on that Montreal goal at the end of regulation by setting up the O.T. Goal for Myers, but he has not had great chemistry with anyone so far this season where we all say "wow, look at Roy and so and so and how well they've played together". He seems to have a good ability to put up points without anyone's help, but at the same time, doesn't really seem to be the guy that can lift the play of those around him. Therefore put him with Boyes and Tropp and see what happens. Boyes gives him another offensively geared player and Tropp is a big effort guy, so maybe something can come out of it.

So...

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Gerbe-Leino-Kaleta
Boyes-Roy-Tropp

This way we would have...
-4 Lines that can score
-A number one line (Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville)
-A defense/puck control/energy line (Gerbe-Leino-Kaleta)
- the only thing we're missing is a true checking line, but our big guys/ hitters (Foligno, Kaleta, Tropp, I guess Stafford as well) are spread throughout the lineup, and we're missing our biggest 4th line guys in Ellis and McCormick.

But we need to start scoring and putting out this many waves of lines that could score is in my belief the best way to achieve that.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote