View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Can anyone fill me in on how the national tournament bids work? I played club for Cornell back in the day (about 12+ years ago at this point) and I occasionally check-in on the fellas. Saw that they finished second in the regular season to Rutgers in their league, went on to win the post-season tourney, but Rutgers received the bid.

Are the bids based on polls? Are there any automatic bids for winning your league (either regular or post-season)?

Thanks in advance.

PS - Good article on club programs. It mentioned how Michigan St was using the club team to fill in the roster for the Green-White game. Our club team at Cornell has been doing that the Red-White scrimmage for years, since before I was playing there at the very least.
I do the same. Anyways to answer your question, auto-bids go to regular season conference champions, with the rest of the seeding and selection coming from the ACHA D1 National Coaches poll.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
ACHA Men's Division 1 comprises 54 teams. There are seven conferences along with Independent teams that compete annually for the Murdoch Cup, which awarded to the Men's ACHA Division 1 National Champion. Twenty teams compete in the National Tournament. These top-twenty teams are ranked/selected by the Div. 1 National Coaches poll, and as determined by auto-berths from the seven regular-season Conference champions. At Nationals, teams ranked 1-12 all receive first-round bye's, with teams ranked 13-20 matching up 20 vs 13 (etc.), for the rights to play in the second-round in pre-determined bracket slots.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 04-23-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote