View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Wait, seriously? I thought this was just confirmation that he could if he wanted to. Has he expressed his intentions?
It isn't 100% certain, but this is closer than we have ever been to resolution of this situation.

He has expressed interest in playing for Nashville recently (Paul Fenton, assistant GM for Nashville, told him directly that Nashville could trade away his rights to which Radulov replied, "No I want to play in Nashville.") His desire to play in the NHL again is documented. His desire to finish his contract with Nashville is documented. The only thing that we are waiting on now is the decision to return to the NHL for the play offs, or to rest up for the WCs.

My view is there is too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

The NHL and NHLPA were reportedly asked by Radulov's NA agent to make a ruling on his waiver status (which they did). This can be viewed as covering all of the bases, or it could mean that Radulov's decision is made, just not publicly yet.

This item was discussed today at the NHL GMs meeting. Again, this could have been brought up to cover bases, or it could have been brought up because they know that something is imminent. There has to be some thought that he will return, though, for them to spend time during a GM meeting to talk about it.

He is having an MRI done on his knee. My own speculation here is that he is trying to get confirmation from a doctor that he can continue playing through his minor knee injury without causing further damage, otherwise he will likely rest.