Thread: OT: San Jose
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
HockeyinHD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I just said I think the Wings can win the division. I am sure that falls on deaf ears.
Right, but this is all stuff you are saying now, in the face of legitimate claims regarding your bias, in an attempt to shortcircuit those claims.

Quote:
When after the Wings lost to the Ducks, everyone was crying and complaining and bashing, I was the first guy to post "good showing red wings, this is a team that can win the cup."
And the next year they did.
Of course, in that postseason precisely how many times did you pick the Wings to win a series?

Quote:
But when I call Kronwall a gutless punk, people go crazy.
Because that's a ridiculous, incendiary opinion which is a function of your pro-fighting bias.

Quote:
Many of the things I've said that were controversial
Datsyuk is better defensively than Zetterberg ...
Rafalski's defense is mediocre ...
Lang is lazy
Schneider's defense sucks
Jason Williams sucks

Eventually became commonly accepted by a large portion of the fanbase.
Many proved to be wrong.
this team is doomed with Ozzie in goal
Franzen is no Freddie Modin
Notice your examples. 1 positive one (Datsyuk) and 5 negative ones.

Seems like about the right ratio to your comments, really.

Again, this is mostly just a situation where your standards in how you treat the Wings are noticeably different than how you treat other clubs, and that's always been a point of amusement with me. You've gone after the Wings as recently as this year because you didn't like how they built the team and you criticize the franchise all the time.

Then, when the Sharks are barely squeaking into the playoffs, enh... it's all good. As long as they get into the playoffs they'll be a dangerous club.

If Detroit was sitting in SJ's place you'd be advocating for the firing of everybody.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote