View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Not sure how everyone is leaving Karlsson off their lists. The guy is 7th in league scoring as a defenceman. He is 25 points clear of second on the list. He is only 2 points out of the NHL top 5 in scoring (he might hit 80 f'ing points). Without him, The Sens are probably a lottery team this year. I love Giroux but Karlsson is the more valuable to his team, IMO. In fact, I would argue he is the Most Valuable Player to his team in the NHL. And that, is the definition of the trophy.
People are basing it off the reality of the award. You are probably right about the Sens without Karlsson and he is definitely a favorite for the Norris. Simply put, Defensemen do not win the Hart. The last to even be a finalist was Pronger in '00... and Pronger brought less points than Karlsson, but was an amazing leader and a better shutdown defenseman than Karlsson has been this year.

Should he be in consideration? I'd still argue no. He's a lot of points behind Malkin in spite of playing a ton more minutes.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote